Monday, March 25, 2013

Differentiation in the Classroom

      In the past few weeks we have learned about the differentiation that is in the classrooms. Although I knew that there are different types of students in the classrooms. Learning about differentiation in more depth has taught me how to handle the different types of students. When coming up with the student samples made me realize that students really do come from many different types of backgrounds.

     Differentiation is very important for teachers to be aware of because they need to be aware of how to teach their students properly. There are so many different learning styles that students come into the classroom with, and it is the teachers job to be able to teach every student correctly and efficiently. No matter what grade a teacher is teaching each student is going to be on a different learning level. And the teacher needs to be able to bring each student up to the same level.

    

9 comments:

  1. Real short and sweet blog post! The links that you put in really went with your post. I like the collage picture you put in that described differentiation or teaching in general!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome how just reading a little bit about differentiation has helped you so much to understand the concept of differentiation as a whole. I really liked a lot of your response to actually comprehending the idea. I agree it is really important to keep differentiation in the classroom alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how to the point you are about what differentation is and why it needs to be done. As well as how you got to understanding that the students are a diverse group. How does technology play a part in differentation and in the classroom? Have you had any personal experiences with differentation? I think that would help to build more upon it and explain a little more, if I wasn't in class with you I wouldn't know what this was and how it could be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how it has helped you understand it better. It looks nice and all your information is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the information is well presesent; short and straight to the point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great that you have learned so much from it. Presented nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really agree with your last sentence. I feel it really brings the whole post to a great conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Differentiation may be difficult for teachers because it requires so much extra work on their part, but in the long run it will help student performance. The 21st century is all about being different and incorporating technology in the classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the wordle and your other picture. This post shows that you understand what differentiation is and why it is important in the classroom. I enjoyed reading this post.

    ReplyDelete